[rear-users] CommVault 10 support

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Tue Sep 10 07:06:44 CEST 2013

Hi John,

incidentially GALAXY5 was the very first commercial backup tool that ReaR
supported as the 1st customer (for whom I wrote ReaR) had that.

It seems like CommVault likes to change the name of their backup tool with
every version - and the install path, command calls etc.

Please do create a new backup method. Regarding the name please choose
something that most users (especially new ones) would immediately connect
with that backup tool. If the software makes itself known as Galaxy 10 then
this would be a good choice. If the connection of CommVault 10 to Galaxy is
really something only insiders would know then maybe better call it
COMMVAULT10 or so.