[rear-users] rear-1.15 release candidate

Jeroen Hoekx jeroen.hoekx at hamok.be
Sat Sep 7 17:43:34 CEST 2013

Hi Andreas

On 7 September 2013 16:22, Andreas Meyer <anmeyer at anup.de> wrote:

> # rear -v checklayout
> Relax-and-Recover 1.14-git201309031258 / 2013-09-03
> Using log file: /var/log/rear/rear-itxnew.log.lockless
> Creating disk layout
> Disk layout is identical.
>
> May I ask what rear -v checklayout exactly is doing? It says the
> Disk layout is identical, but the contents of the machine, that
> backup was made from changed since the last rear mkbackup. So
> how can it be identical?

Rear is not interested in the contents of the filesystem. All
checklayout checks is the partitioning information (everything in
/var/lib/rear/layout/disklayout.conf. When you enlarge a logical
volume and resize the filesystem on it, checklayout will detect it.

I run checklayout in a cronjob that runs mkrescue when checklayout
does not return 0.

Hope that explains things a bit,

Jeroen