[rear-users] Question on RESULT_MAILTO

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Wed Oct 16 11:58:28 CEST 2013

Hi,

I just did a little reading. IMHO the code is written so that it puts all
result files into the email. The idea was to use email as a way to take the
boot image together with a little documentation away from the system. SMTP
is a drop-off protocol without security risks (you can only send stuff and
not modify previously sent stuff).

If you want, feel free to extend
https://github.com/rear/rear/blob/master/usr/share/rear/output/default/95_email_result_files.sh
support new bash variables:

   - RESULT_MAILTO_NO_FILES to not attache the result files
   - RESULT_MAILTO_LOG to attach the log

ATM the mail is only sent if ReaR does not abort before. Sending an email
on error would be a new thing to add to the Error() function in
https://github.com/rear/rear/blob/master/usr/share/rear/lib/_input-output-functions.sh
.

As usual, pull requests are welcome.