[rear-users] problem with workaround

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Wed Oct 9 12:22:08 CEST 2013

Hi Dirk,

see my answers in-line:

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013 13:54:44 +0000,  wrote:
>hallo together,

>our server are in HA Environment and have 2 bonds to 2 V-LANS connecting
>a CISO Backbone.

>It is possible , to generate a ISO file and a backup.tar.gz from the
local
>server and store them on a NFS-Share
>When I boot from the ISO Image, the program find the information path
etc.
>where the rear mkbackup write them.

>But the network is not possible to configure them.

>Which is the correct way to tell the rear recover that the backup.tar.gz
is
>NOT located in NFS but on /mnt/MOUNTPOINT (usb-Stick)?

Sure, mount your usb stick under /mnt/MOUNTPOINT and then
edit /etc/rear/local.conf file and change the
BACKUP_URL=file:///mnt/MOUNTPOINT

>It is possible to generate a ISO File, containing the backup.tar.gz and
>give the parameter to the rear recover file, that this is on the
DVD-Image ?

Sure, since rear-1.15 it is possible to have the rescue image including
backups on one big
(or multiple) ISO images. Edit /etc/rear/local.conf file and define:

OUTPUT=ISO
BACKUP=NETFS
BACKUP_URL=iso://backup
ISO_MAX_SIZE=4500
OUTPUT_URL=nfs://server/path  (must be something else then BACKUP_URL)