[rear-users] recovery scenario

Tim.Einmahl at kba.de Tim.Einmahl at kba.de
Fri May 31 15:02:05 CEST 2013

Hi Schlomo,

yes, I needed to run a single command.

I  now have PRE_RECOVERY_SCRIPT=( "sed -i -e 's/^from.*ssh-rsa/ssh-rsa/g' /root/.ssh/authorized_keys" ) and it works.

I had to put the whole command in "", before that I got sed-failures running "rear recover" although the sed command ran without problems
on the server.

Recovery of a vm to a vm worked well.
Thanks so far!

I also tried to recover a physical server to a vm (I read that the P2V-code from heinlein was added to rear), but when booting the restored server, it get's a kernel panic

I had a look at the dirs and files under /mnt/local after recovery and before rebooting and it seemed to be ok.

Trying to resume from LABEL=SWAP-sda2
Unable to access resume device (LABEL=SWAP-sda2)
Creating root device
Mounting root filesystem
mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'
Setting up other filesystems.
Setting up new root fs
setuproot: moving /dev failed: No such file or directory
no fstab.sys, mounting internal defaults
setuproot: error mounting /proc: No such file or directory
setuproot: error mounting /sys: No such file or directory
Switching to new root and running init.
unmounting old /dev
unmounting old /proc
unmounting old /sys
switchroot: mount failed: No such file or directory

Best regards
Tim