[rear-users] recovery scenario

Jeroen Hoekx jeroen.hoekx at hamok.be
Wed May 29 16:34:55 CEST 2013

On 29 May 2013 16:14,  <Tim.Einmahl at kba.de> wrote:

> so far I was not able to set the ip address automatically though I tried several configurations.
> Assuming I would like to have 192.168.0.1/24, how is the exact line that has to be added to the local.conf?

KERNEL_CMDLINE="ip=192.168.0.1 nm=24"

That should work, although I didn't test it that way. My use case for
it boots in QEMU from kernel and initrd.

> Additionally, I have to copy a file from /usr/local/bin to the initrd, but to exactly the same path.
>
> Using REQUIRED_PROGS=... it get's copied, but to /bin in initrd.
>
> I also tried COPY_AS_IS=...

COPY_AS_IS should work for this. The problem might be that it's not in
your $PATH in the rescue system.

Otherwise, github issues with -D logfiles are needed to debug this...

Greetings,

Jeroen