[rear-users] recovery scenario

Tim.Einmahl at kba.de Tim.Einmahl at kba.de
Tue May 28 15:11:20 CEST 2013

Hello,

I would like to know if the following can be done with rear:

As we are running a bunch of servers in different separated network segments, we
would like to create the rescue images on each server and rsync them from a central
server to a pxe server. In case of a needed recovery, we would connect the server that
should be recovered to the pxe segment and remote boot it.

Now the crucial part: As we do our backup via rsync, we would like to PUSH the data from our
backupserver to the server that should be restored after it was recovered by rear. Is that possible with rear and if so, how?
Also, for this to work, we must earlier be able to change the ip address of the server interface as the
pxe server and backup server of course belong to a different network than the original server.

Thanks in advance
Best regards
Tim