[rear-users] ReaR entry in grub

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Tue May 7 14:23:55 CEST 2013

13:36, Schlomo Schapiro wrote:

>>> grep LOADER_TYPE
/etc/sysconfig/bootloader
>>> LOADER_TYPE="grub2"
>>>
>>> So the place
where SUSE stores the info is updated correctly.

>> That is why ReaR
once had a piece of code that would check this file and
>> also call lilo
if used. IIRC we lost this recently, maybe better to put
>> it
>> back.
>

> The problem was that it also contained information about where the

bootloader was installed and we assumed it to be correct. That

information was wrong in far too many bug reports.

> Just checking the
LOADER_TYPE in Suse is something we should probably do.

> We need better
support for other bootloaders in general (think
> syslinux). So I think our
only option is checking the MBR.

syslinux -
https://github.com/rear/rear/issues/188 [1]

MBR: is not used by
grub[2]-efi you know, but even that should work these days ;-)

Greetings,

> Jeroen

Gratien D'haese
IT3