[rear-users] Grub2

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Tue Jun 11 11:20:55 CEST 2013

Great, I would use 94_grub2_rescue.sh as name.

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013
11:03:54 +0200, Christian Meißner  wrote:  ok, i have found the skript
which creates grud menu.lst entry in
"/usr/share/rear/output/default/94_grub_rescue.sh". This code doesn't know
anything about grub2. While we only use grub2-systems i will write the
needed code.  What do you think, should i add grub2 ability to the above
script or is a single script the better way?  Cheers  Christian

2013/6/11 Christian Meißner
  Hi Gratien,  1st) i refer to
http://relax-and-recover.org/usage/ [2]. And here paragraph "Rescue
System". This seems not working for grub2 systems.   2nd) i think that the
first point don't interfers with     OUTPUT=ISO  ISO_DIR=/srv/backup/rear/
ISO_PREFIX=${HOSTNAME}_$(date +"%Y%m%d_%H%M")  which we already configured.
br  Christian

   2013/6/10 Gratien D'haese

The first question -
not sure I understood the question correctly - are you talking about the
rear boot menu?

Second question - use a different OUTPUT_URL from the
BACKUP_URL to separate the archive backup from the iso image.

On Mon,