[rear-users] ERROR: FindStorageDrivers called but STORAGE_DRIVERS is empty

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 00:04:50 CET 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM, upen <upendra.gandhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM, upen <upendra.gandhi at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Not sure why my previous reply didn't show the text that I entered but
>>> showed all from previous email.
>>
>> Wonder why the message I sent is trimmed. Here is what I sent twice
>> but didn't show up in the emails you received.
>>
>> http://pastebin.ca/2316418
>>

>>> From lspci, I can ell this, is this what you were asking?
>>>
>>> 00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset
>>> 4 port SATA IDE Controller (rev 05)
>>>         Subsystem: Dell Device 02da
>>>         Kernel driver in use: ata_piix
>>>
>>> 00:1f.5 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset
>>> 2 port SATA IDE Controller (rev 05)
>>>         Subsystem: Dell Device 02da
>>>         Kernel driver in use: ata_piix
>
> I have another Gentoo with kernel 3.3.5-gentoo. lsmod on that system
> also doesn't show any storage drivers , however, rear doesn't throw
> STORAGE_DRIVERS error on that system.
>
> I am having another issue on that other gentoo system though, it's
> posted with subject "mkbackup and mkbackuponly, both create only
> rescue media, no system backup! "

I have commented out " StopIfError "FindStorageDrivers called but
STORAGE_DRIVERS is empty"  LINE 106 in
/usr/share/rear/lib/linux-functions.sh and that STORAGE_DRIVERS ERRORS
is taken care of for now.

mkbackup however was ignoring my /dev/root even though use_layout is
set to y. I found that I had the soft link missing /dev/root -->
/dev/sda3. I created that and mkbackup is running past that 60MB
mark.. This also happened on my other gentoo box. I will create link
and see if it helps there.

Thanks.