[rear-users] ERROR: FindStorageDrivers called but STORAGE_DRIVERS is empty

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 20:46:35 CET 2013

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM, upen <upendra.gandhi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM, upen <upendra.gandhi at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Maybe this is the problem? On all regular distros the storage drivers are in
>>> modules and Rear has to make sure to load them in the right order etc.
>>>
>>> @All: Is there anybody who used Rear successfully on a static kernel? Or on
>>> a kernel where all relevant block drivers are statically compiled into the
>>> kernel?
>>
>> Not sure why my previous reply didn't show the text that I entered but
>> showed all from previous email.
>
> Wonder why the message I sent is trimmed. Here is what I sent twice
> but didn't show up in the emails you received.
>
> http://pastebin.ca/2316418
>

>> From lspci, I can ell this, is this what you were asking?
>>
>> 00:1f.2 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset
>> 4 port SATA IDE Controller (rev 05)
>>         Subsystem: Dell Device 02da
>>         Kernel driver in use: ata_piix
>>
>> 00:1f.5 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset
>> 2 port SATA IDE Controller (rev 05)
>>         Subsystem: Dell Device 02da
>>         Kernel driver in use: ata_piix

I have another Gentoo with kernel 3.3.5-gentoo. lsmod on that system
also doesn't show any storage drivers , however, rear doesn't throw
STORAGE_DRIVERS error on that system.

I am having another issue on that other gentoo system though, it's
posted with subject "mkbackup and mkbackuponly, both create only
rescue media, no system backup! "