[rear-users] Can EXCLUDE_MOUNTPOINTS be defined in local.conf?

Jeroen Hoekx jeroen.hoekx at hamok.be
Tue Feb 19 14:24:32 CET 2013

Hi Cal,

On 19 February 2013 14:09, Cal Sawyer <cal-s at blue-bolt.com> wrote:
> If that is indeed the case (i'm about to do a 1.14 run tranposing defs from
> default,conf to local.conf and defining them there), then could default.conf
> variables be exposed in local.conf in a future release?  Not knowing of
> their existence complicates configuring rear.  While i'm asking things, do
> vars in local.conf take precedence over the same vars in default.conf?

Local.conf is meant to be the user editable configuration file.

Default.conf is more or less our internal master variable
documentation (and because of our general lack of documentation also
the external documentation :-). It also shows the default values. You
should never change it!

Any variable set in local.conf takes precedence over the variable set
in default.conf.

Greetings,

Jeroen