[rear-users] Can EXCLUDE_MOUNTPOINTS be defined in local.conf?

Cal Sawyer cal-s at blue-bolt.com
Tue Feb 19 14:09:03 CET 2013

Hi again

If that is indeed the case (i'm about to do a 1.14 run tranposing defs
from default,conf to local.conf and defining them there), then could
default.conf variables be exposed /in/ local.conf in a future release?
Not knowing of their existence complicates configuring rear.  While i'm
asking things, do vars in local.conf take precedence over the same vars
in default.conf?

many thanks

- cal sawyer

On 15/02/13 18:53, Jeroen Hoekx wrote:
> Hi Cal,
>
> On 15 February 2013 19:24, Cal Sawyer <cal-s at blue-bolt.com> wrote:
>
>> In 1.14, can EXCLUDE_MOUNTPOINTS be defined in local.conf?  In 1.12 i found
>> that i needed to modify  /usr/share/rear/conf/default.conf.  I always found
>> this to be a difficult/non-intuitive place to be setting critical exclusions
>> from.
> All configuration values in default.conf can be set in local.conf.
> Even in 1.12, so I think it's really strange that that was what you
> observed :-)
>
> Greetings,
>
> Jeroen

Cal Sawyer | Systems Engineer
BlueBolt Ltd | 15-16 Margaret Street | London W1W 8RW
+44 (0)20 7637 5575 | www.blue-bolt.com