[rear-users] grub2 and rear

Jeroen Hoekx jeroen.hoekx at hamok.be
Thu Feb 7 12:50:14 CET 2013

Hi Johann,

On 7 February 2013 12:39, johann Luce <johann.luce at wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> i want to use rear on opensuse 12.2
>
> ERROR: Unknown boot loader grub2 found in '/etc/sysconfig/bootloader'
> Aborting due to an error, check /var/log/rear/rear-hp17.log for details
> Terminated
>
> is there any support for grub2 ???

Yes, we support grub2 just fine for other distributions.

For Suse we have special bootloader scripts because yast stores the
bootloader information in the system. We've had quite a few bugs
related to this, so I'm in favor of removing this special casing
altogether.

To test if things would still work if we remove the scripts you can
manually remove:
/usr/share/rear/layout/save/SUSE_LINUX/60_create_mkbootloader.sh
/usr/share/rear/finalize/SUSE_LINUX/i386/19_verify_grub_conf.sh
/usr/share/rear/finalize/SUSE_LINUX/i386/20_run_mkbootloader.sh

If you could let us know if backup/restore still works once these
scripts are gone, that would be appreciated.

Greetings,

Jeroen