[rear-users] Boot error

Simon Brugger simon.brugger at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 21:34:04 CET 2013

Hi,

I've a problem with my rear setup. I use rear on my ubuntu 12.04 system and
a toshiba external usb drive for the backup storage.

I followed the instructions on
http://relax-and-recover.org/documentation/everything worked well to
write the backup. Rear formated the usb drive, I
edit the local.conf:

### write the rescue initramfs to USB and update the USB bootloader
OUTPUT=USB

### create a backup using the internal NETFS method, using 'tar'
BACKUP=NETFS

### write both rescue image and backup to the device labeled REAR-000
BACKUP_URL=usb:///dev/disk/by-label/REAR-000

and ran the backup:

sudo usr/sbin/rear -v mkrescue

Relax-and-Recover 1.14 / Git
Using log file: /home/simdlx/rear/var/log/rear/rear-HAL9000.log
Creating disk layout
Creating root filesystem layout
TIP: To login as root via ssh you need to set up /root/.ssh/authorized_keys
Copying files and directories
Copying binaries and libraries
Copying kernel modules
Creating initramfs
Copying resulting files to usb location

But the Backup does not work. If I boot with the usb drive to test the
Backup I get the Message: "Boot error"

Can anyone support me?

Thank you.

Simon