[rear-users] Tex-System to use rear?

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Fri Aug 16 13:40:43 CEST 2013

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 13:15:42 +0200, Andreas Meyer <anmeyer at anup.de> wrote:

> == Prepare manual ==
> make -C doc man
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/andreas/rear/doc'
> asciidoc -b docbook -d manpage rear.8.txt
> make[1]: asciidoc: Kommando nicht gefunden
> make[1]: *** [rear.8.xml] Fehler 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/andreas/rear/doc'
> make: *** [man] Fehler 2
>
> I had to install the whole Tex-System on my openSUSE 12.2 because
> of dependencies for the missing asciidoc. Does this make sense?

Hum, on RH/Fedora that seems not be the case. On my test system openSUSE
12.2 I didn't got such request. Maybe, TeX was already installed (I cannot
recall). On the other hand, TeX is a wonderful tool (used it for years on
the University [wrote 2 books in it]). However, not many people still use
it I believe (neither am I).
Gratien