[rear-users] REAR - restrore issue with parted

sabin Mathew sabinmathew at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 10 06:15:37 CEST 2013

I am trying to restore a REAR image ( RHEL 6 ) to a blade - BL460c, with SAN boot.

I get the following error at the parted command-
parted -s /dev/mapper/mpatha mklabel msdos
device mapper: table ioctl on failed: No such device or address
You found a bug in GNU parted !
I verified the /dev/mapper directory and all the device files are in there.
parted version is 2.1 and the parted command is working at the source system from where the mage was taken.
Please help.