[rear-users] Milestone changes

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Tue May 29 14:57:31 CEST 2012

Hi,

After discussing this briefly during LinuxTag I modified the milestones so
that less issues are linked to a specific milestone. So I renamed
milestone v1.15 to v1.16, and I moved issues from milestone v1.14 to
v1.15.

Fact is that v1.14 will be released as soon as we have made the necessary
modifications to allow running it from a checkout (without the need to
install it), we can install/uninstall it using a Makefile, OBS builds are
working again _and_ we have a basic automated testing framework. Any known
bugs fixed by that time will go into the release, and we will make a
priority out of the distribution-specific problems (e.g. Ubuntu support is
a big priority)

I also added a preliminary 2 month release schedule, but that's just
wishful thinking ! Considering this is already quite a lot of work to get
right, any help in speeding things up is very welcome.

PS Since we don't have branches for future releases, any issues from v1.15
or v1.16 that get fixed before the v1.14 release, will ship with the v1.14
release. Nothing is set in stone, so exceptions are possible.