[rear-users] [rear/rear] 71eadc: Update Makefile and default rear.spec

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Sun Jun 10 11:23:38 CEST 2012

Hi,

On 9 June 2012 00:12, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:

> Besides, the need for snapshot packages might as well have disappeared now
> that rear can run from a cloned/uncompressed tree.

Only with snapshot package will you test the entire delivery chain
including the packaging process and the package itself (e.g. dependencies,
upgrade paths...). I would therefore keep building the snapshots. It also
makes it easier for people to install a snapshot if they don't want (or
cannot) checkout sources.