[rear-users] Restoring mdadm system to a single-disk destination fails

Cal@Bluebolt cal-s at blue-bolt.com
Wed Jul 25 22:46:11 CEST 2012

Hi

Same situation here, but i can't quite see how rear can know about manual mdX->sdaX edits in disklayout.conf without a mapping source, esp in the case of extended partitons, which is what i had referred to (inadequately) in an earlier posting.  Can use of mappings/diskxxx (sorry - away from a machine at the moment) be expanded to accomplish this?

I've been having a ball converting mdadm servers to VMs today and i think i've hit most of the issues, so i'll try to get new issues into github and elaborate a bit on the experience here tomorrow.

I think disk mapping was put to Jeroen to evaluate possible solutions?

cheers,

- cal sawyer