[rear-users] Destination disk partitioning

Cal Sawyer cal-s at blue-bolt.com
Mon Jul 23 14:47:37 CEST 2012

On 23/07/12 13:19, Jeroen Hoekx wrote:
> On 23 July 2012 14:07, Cal Sawyer <cal-s at blue-bolt.com> wrote:
>> On 23/07/12 10:11, Jeroen Hoekx wrote:
>>> On 23 July 2012 10:24, Cal Sawyer <cal-s at blue-bolt.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> <snip>
>>> MondoRescue.
>>>
>> ???  I thought that MondoRescue and ReaR were two different things, at
>> least this is the impression i cam away with after watching the ReaR
>> presentation.  Do ReaR and Mondo share by mutual agreement the same
>> codebase?
> No, they are different projects. It's just that I was a MondoRescue
> user before I learned about ReaR. One of the things that felt weird
> when using it was the partition editor, since it did some things very
> well, but then you had to change the i-want-my-lvm script anyway for
> when it failed. I want to avoid that in ReaR.
As i thought.  Why should the requirements of Mondo and/or your DR
environment dictate how ReaR handles destination partition remapping?  I
can see how adding LV on top of remapped partitions could really
complicate things, but manually editing the diskrestore script isn't a
bag of laughs either.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that partition remapping is
seriously broken on at least a couple of fronts, which i'll post under
new threads.

>> Just so i have people's names and roles straight - are you one of the
>> ReaR developers,  Jeroen?
> Yes.
Great - thank you for confirming, Jeroen

> Greetings,
>
> Jeroen

cheers,

--