[rear-users] Destination disk partitioning

Jeroen Hoekx jeroen.hoekx at hamok.be
Mon Jul 23 14:19:05 CEST 2012

On 23 July 2012 14:07, Cal Sawyer <cal-s at blue-bolt.com> wrote:
> On 23/07/12 10:11, Jeroen Hoekx wrote:
>> On 23 July 2012 10:24, Cal Sawyer <cal-s at blue-bolt.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>> What's Mondo in this context?
>> MondoRescue.
>>
> ???  I thought that MondoRescue and ReaR were two different things, at
> least this is the impression i cam away with after watching the ReaR
> presentation.  Do ReaR and Mondo share by mutual agreement the same
> codebase?

No, they are different projects. It's just that I was a MondoRescue
user before I learned about ReaR. One of the things that felt weird
when using it was the partition editor, since it did some things very
well, but then you had to change the i-want-my-lvm script anyway for
when it failed. I want to avoid that in ReaR.

> Just so i have people's names and roles straight - are you one of the
> ReaR developers,  Jeroen?

Yes.

Greetings,

Jeroen