[rear-users] Error with Creating root FS layout

Jeroen Hoekx jeroen.hoekx at hamok.be
Thu Jul 19 17:36:51 CEST 2012

On 19 July 2012 16:52, Nils Haug <nils91haug at googlemail.com> wrote:

> I looked for the stable release for SLES 11 SP2 on the download site of rear
> yesterday, but there was nothing so I downloaded the tar.gz file which I had
> to unpack first. I didnt theink about looking at the snapshot link for
> sles11_sp2.

That should become more clear when we release the next stable version...

> Well now I Updated ReaR with the RPM and it has no more problems with the
> "creating root FS layout".
> Thanks for that.
>
> But the next problem was not far :(

> ERROR: BUG BUG BUG!  ROOTFS_DIR '/tmp/rear.6znfKYlsJ9xYy2T/rootfs' is
> broken, chroot bash test failed.

This means we didn't copy all required libraries. Most likely
ld-linux-x86-64.so is not in the same place. Strange, because I
thought we fixed that for pretty much every OS. I will have to install
SLES 11 SP2 and try to replicate your problem.

You could compare the filesystem structure in / between the original
and the rescue image for a start. Are /lib, /lib64 and the like all of
the same kind (symlinks/directories)? And where is ld-linux on the
two?

Thanks,

Jeroen