[Rear-users] Recent udev changes (devtmpfs and modalias)

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Fri Jan 27 14:19:12 CET 2012

Hi,

oh yes, fun with udev :-)

If you could ask the udev developers what they recommend that would be
great. IIRC the lowest distro where we support udev is SLES9, but not sure
any more.

BTW, if we find another - more portable - way to autoload all modules that
match the existing hardware, I would be happy to hear!

In any case, we should remember to revalidate such a change.