[Rear-users] Hi to the ReaR community

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Thu Jan 26 08:25:10 CET 2012

Hi,

On Thursday, 26 January 2012, Domin, Pavol wrote:

> [...]

Why patch the source RPM? Why not create an addon RPM which installs into
the upstream ReaR RPM? That is the way I would do it... ReaR evolves slow
enough that this is quite safe provided you look at the changes for each
new version (or follow this mailing list and "trigger" a review whenever
you see a comit that might be relevant to your code).

> We indeed resolved this by using our own custom packaging.
> None-the-less, we are still excited about ReaR design and functionality,
> that is better than the solutions we used before (and we are really looking
> forward for the mainstream recover-on-multipath support).

That is good to hear :-)