[Rear-users] remove all svn stuff before recreate

Jeroen Hoekx jeroen.hoekx at hamok.be
Fri Feb 3 10:03:55 CET 2012

Hello Stefan,

On 3 February 2012 09:41, stefan at semmelroggen.de <stefan at semmelroggen.de> wrote:
>  Hi Jeroen,
>
> Jeroen Hoekx <jeroen.hoekx at hamok.be> hat am 2. Februar 2012 um 19:23
> geschrieben:
>
>> Well, since it's udev that's causing the problems, I am probably in
>> favor of removing udev rules including "vgchange". We already check
>> for unmatched external binaries in rules. We can remove it there.
>
> that would be build/GNU/Linux/60_verify_and_adjust_udev.sh, right?

Correct!

>> Same for mdadm by the way. There was a push sometime to move
>> activation of volume groups and software raid from distribution init
>> scripts to udev, but fortunately they have understood that it's not
>> the purpose of udev.
>>
>> I do not like any hacks in the layout code to get this to work, it
>> seems quite fragile anyhow.
>
> We will try to find a way to disable or delete the rules. In order to
> achieve this, we probably need a new config variable for this. Maybe like
> "DISABLE_UDEV_RULE=( vgchange mdadm )".

Good.

I'd say we don't need a documented global variable, we have plenty of
them already. There should be no need to configure this one. But
maybe, when you add the variable, take into account that it could be
hotpatched:
udev_program_blacklist=( "${udev_program_blacklist[@]}" "vgchange" "mdadm" )

Greetings,

Jeroen