[rear-users] rear 1.14 git problems with SLES11 and HP cciss

Domin, Pavol pavol.domin at hp.com
Tue Dec 11 17:09:21 CET 2012

Hi,

What we find a regular problem with the grub on sles11 is simply that /etc/grub.conf is “wrong” (from sles installer?): it just insists to load installer on first partition, (hd0,0) instead of on MBR (hd0).
After rear rebuilds smart array logical drive, MBR is lost, and as native ‘grub-install’ writes loader correctly on the wrong place, server won’t boot. The fix is to keep ‘/etc/grub.conf’ correct before backup is taken.. So not exactly rear issue here.

Pavol