[rear-users] Thanks a lot for this great software

Andreas Tarp andreas.tarp at ericsson.com
Fri Dec 7 16:13:32 CET 2012

Hi,

the nodes have two internal disks mirrored by hardware raid controller, so OS only sees one internal disk unless you have a look on the device with raid controller software (hpacucli tool).

Thanks a lot for the hint about possible installation option to use normal device names right from the beginning, but the nodes were installed first, than we had to start integrating rear ;-)

You are right, it sounds realy scary that ID names are also used inside of initrd, but luckily this did not cause any problems on our nodes. So seems like the names inside of initrd are not that often used (if at all)

Andreas