[Rear-users] Testers needed

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Wed Apr 11 08:30:52 CEST 2012

Thank you John for your endless patience and hard work testing out our
new releases!
Good, excellent - I guess we can sign off for a new
release.

However, I'm a bit worried about the Centos 6.2 64bit libraries
not being found.
Was there no trace at all during your mkrescue phase (in
the log I mean)?
Perhaps these live in some particular path, can you find
out which exactly these are?

thx,
Gratien

On Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:37:10
+0000, "Baldwin, John" wrote:
> More Netbackup testing Results restoring
from a mkrescue ISO file created
> from rear-snapshot-0.0.824-6.1:

Successfully restored Redhat 4.4 64bit server. The server used 2
> Ethernet
adapters bonded. My lab machine use DHCP for the IP. Under
> that
configuration booting from the ISO file resulted in the Networking NOT

being able to be configured. When I configured the Lab machine to have a

manual IP address with the bonding like our production servers the ISO
file
> booted up with no issues.
>
> I WAS NOT able to boot the Centos
6.2 64bit ISO file. At the start of
> the ISO boot was receiving errors
shared libraries could not load.
> Libraries libaudit and libblkid would
not load.

> This could be more of a Netbackup 6.5.6 client issue. To
install the
> client on the 64bit 6.2 server I had to load 32 bit versions
of
> compat-libstdc++ and libacl. I did not need to do that for
RedHat/CentOS 4
> or 5. I will research to see if NetBackup 6.5.6 is
supported to run on
> RedHat 6..
>
> I do not have and RedHat 6 in our
current prod environment so I am
> comfortable with the new release on
ReaR.

> Take care.
>
> John Baldwin - Sr. UNIX Systems Administrator

Baycare Information Systems

Baldwin, John [mailto:John.Baldwin at baycare.org]
> Sent: Monday, April 09,
2012 6:06 PM
> To: Discussions about Relax & Recover
> Subject: Re:
[Rear-users] Testers needed

> This is the testing creating and using the
mkrescue ISO file on
> rear-snapshot-0.0.824-6.1:
> Test 1) Creating
mkrescue ISO: The snapshot build successfully created
> the ISO file in our
environment. That would be 64 bit Redhat 4.4 5.7 and
> Centos 6.2

Test 2) Test Restores: Red Hat 5.7 64bit: I successfully did a NetBackup

Normal restore, clone restore and point-in-time restore
> Centos 6.2 64 bit
getting failures on restore. I will
> reload the NetBackup 6.5.4 client
tomorrow and try and
> backup/restore again
> Red Hat 4.4 Will try a
backup/restore tomorrow,

Wieers [mailto:dag at wieers.com]

To: Discussions about Relax & Recover
> Subject: Re: [Rear-users] Testers
needed

> On Fri, 6 Apr 2012, Baldwin, John wrote:
>
>> I will test the
NetBackup ISO mkrescue functionality in our
>> environment. That will be
testing RedHat 4.4 Redhat/Centos 5 and
>> Redhat/Centos 6. I can finish
that testing by Monday.

> We postponed the release until (at least)
Wednesday. I am interested to

--
solutions, info at dagit.net, http://dagit.net/

> [Any errors in spelling,
tact or fact are transmission errors]

> Boundary is the first to
Know...and Tell You.
> Monitor Your Applications in Ultra-Fine Resolution.
Try it FREE!

Rear-users at lists.sourceforge.net

> Confidential:
This electronic message and all contents contain
> information from BayCare
Health System which may be privileged,
> confidential or otherwise
protected from disclosure. The information is
> intended to be for the
addressee only. If you are not the addressee, any
> disclosure, copy,
distribution or use of the contents of this message is
> prohibited. If you
have received this electronic message in error, please
> notify the sender
and destroy the original message and all copies.

Rear-users at lists.sourceforge.net

> Confidential:
This electronic message and all contents contain information
> from BayCare
Health System which may be privileged, confidential or
> otherwise

protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the

addressee
> only. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copy,
distribution or
> use
> of the contents of this message is prohibited. If
you have received this
> electronic message in error, please notify the
sender and destroy the
> original
> message and all copies.

> monitoring
Big Data applications. Try Boundary one-second
> resolution app monitoring
today. Free.

Rear-users at lists.sourceforge.net

Gratien