[Rear-users] Backup optione

Frank Slotta f_slotta at gmx.de
Thu Sep 22 10:26:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

using the latest snapshot I tried to backup on an usb device to use an 'official' backup method.

This is the configuration:
OUTPUT=ISO
BACKUP=NETFS
BACKUP_URL=usb:///dev/sdb1

"rear -v mkbackuponly" worked, but "rear -v mkrescue" claims about a missing argument for the file system type.

So I tried to add the backup option '-t ext3'

BACKUP_OPTIONS="-t ext3"

I tried a dozen combinations using "", '', (), = to get it running with no success. Why does mkbackuponly work without BACKUP_OPTIONS but mkrescue does not?

Frank