[Rear-users] Recover using Centos 6

gregoryrommel at discover.com gregoryrommel at discover.com
Mon Sep 19 20:50:09 CEST 2011

>So I assume that these updates have happened after RHEL6.1 Beta was
>already being produced. Which in itself is weird. It would be nice to
know
>what the changelog of the RPM says about the 2.02.72 series.

>Also no mentions of --norestorefile or --uuid throughout the changelog or

>technical notes, so it might be one of the Rhbz article references :-/

Dag 2.02.72 changelog....

Peter Rajnoha <prajnoha at redhat.com> - 2.02.72-8:
- Fix potential for corruption during cluster mirror device failure.
- Fix 'lvconvert --splitmirrors' in cluster operation.
- Ignore snapshots when performing mirror recovery beneath an origin.
- Add suspend_lv_origin and resume_lv_origin using LCK_ORIGIN_ONLY.
- Allow internal suspend and resume of origin without its snapshots.
- Fix dev_manager_transient to access -real device not snapshot-origin.
- Monitor origin -real device below snapshot instead of overlay device.

2010-08-11 11:00:00
Peter Rajnoha <prajnoha at redhat.com> - 2.02.72-7:
- Change default alignment of pe_start to 1MB.
- Require --restorefile when using pvcreate --uuid.

2010-08-11 11:00:00
Peter Rajnoha <prajnoha at redhat.com> - 2.02.72-6:
- Add missing additional patch for clvmd init script fix.

2010-08-11 11:00:00
Peter Rajnoha <prajnoha at redhat.com> - 2.02.72-5:
- Fix clvmd init script to require proper dependencies.
- Recognise and give preference to md device partitions (blkext major).
- Split-mirror operations were ignoring user-specified PVs.
- Never scan internal LVM devices.
- Fix segfault in regex matcher with characters of ordinal value > 127.
- Use built-in rule for device aliases: block/ < dm- < disk/ < mapper/ <
other.

2010-08-04 11:00:00
Peter Rajnoha <prajnoha at redhat.com> - 2.02.72-4:
- Fix data corruption bug in cluster mirrors.
- Require logical volume(s) to be explicitly named for lvconvert --merge.
- Disallow 'mirrored' log type for cluster mirrors.

2010-07-28 11:00:00
Peter Rajnoha <prajnoha at redhat.com> - 2.02.72-2:
- Make vgck warn about missing PVs.
- Revert failed table load preparation after "create, load and resume".
- Check if cluster log daemon is running before allowing cmirror create.
- Add dm_create_lockfile to libdm and use for pidfiles for all daemons.
- Correct LV list order used by lvconvert when splitting a mirror.
- Check if LV with specified name already exists when splitting a mirror.
- Fix suspend/resume logic for LVs resulting from splitting a mirror.
- Fix possible hang when all mirror images of a mirrored log fail.
- Adjust auto-metadata repair and caching logic to try to cope with empty
mdas.
- Update pvcreate, {pv|vg}change, and lvm.conf man pages about
metadataignore.
- Prompt if metadataignore with vgextend or pvchange would adjust
vg_mda_copies.
- Adjust vg_mda_copies if metadataignore given with vgextend or pvchange.
- Speed up the regex matcher.
- Use "nowatch" udev rule for inappropriate devices.
- Document LVM fault handling in lvm_fault_handling.txt.
- Clarify help text for vg_mda_count.
- Add more verbose messages while checking volume_list and hosttags
settings.
- Add log_error when strdup fails in {vg|lv}_change_tag().
- Do not log backtrace in valid _lv_resume() code path.
- Remove log directly if all mirror images of a mirrored log fail.
- Randomly select which mdas to use or ignore.
- Add printf format attributes to yes_no_prompt and fix a caller.
- Remove superfluous suspended device counter from clvmd.
- Fix lvm shell crash when input is entirely whitespace.
- Update partial mode warning message.
- Restore the removemissing behaviour of lvconvert --repair
--use-policies.

2010-07-28 11:00:00
Peter Rajnoha <prajnoha at redhat.com> - 2.02.72-3:
- Include /var/run/lvm in the lvm2 package.

Greg Rommel
Linux Engineering
Discover Financial Services - Business Technology