[Rear-users] Fedora 16 (Alpha) testing with rear svn 704

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Sat Sep 3 10:03:47 CEST 2011

@Jeroen: Thank you, your patch was correct and worked out of the
box.

Fedora16: did a successful recover test, but had to make some
additional changes

as F16 uses GRUB2 and updated systemd and selinux
versions.

regards,

Gratien

On Wed, 31 Aug 2011 16:59:56 +0200, Jeroen
Hoekx wrote:
> On 31 August 2011 16:31, Jeroen Hoekx wrote:
>
>>> Busy
with doing tests on Fedora 16 (Alpha) with rear svn version 704 and

apparently parted (version 3.0) changed the print layout (again) in

combination with GPT labeled disks. See the attached document of the

recover
>>> exercise. Will need to dig into the layout code I'm
afraid.

>> It does not look like a problem with the parted output
parsing on
>> first sight. I'm happy about that.
>>
>> I think it's in the
flag handling. The bios_grub flag is new and
>> unknown to Rear... I got my
whitelist from the help output you copied.
>> It should not create errors
for unknown flags though. I'll look into
>> it.
>>
>> Can you also post the
disklayout.conf generated? I will need it to debug.

> I was able to
reproduce the problem in one of my test vm's.

> This is my analysis:
> -
parted has changed behaviour: it used to take the first argument of

mkpart as the name of the GPT partition. Now it just does not care
> about
it (something has to be provided though, even "jos" is fine).
> You need to
explicitly name it. I consider this a bug in parted?
> - Rear does not
handle unnamed GPT partitions at the moment. In my dev
> environment on
RHEL5, it was impossible to create an unnamed partition
> with parted, so I
thought it was just not possible. I'll fix that (but
> not right now, since
I don't have the time to test).
> - The unknown flag issue is also
present.