[Rear-users] openSuSE 12.1 / btrfs root on LVM

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Mon Nov 28 12:08:16 CET 2011

Hi,

On 28 November 2011 11:37, Hubertus A. Haniel <hubba at unixcook.com> wrote:

> Yes - I m doing my testing in a VMware session and I build the instance
> with AutoYast so I have created a snapshot of the VMware session and then
> rebuild it replacing btrfs with reiserfs so I have tested it with exactly
> the same config but with reiser and that seems to work fine.

Oh, is reiserfs still supported? I thought that with openSUSE 12.x reiserfs
became deprecated.

> I have kept snapshots of both configs so I can switch between them for
> testing purposes.

Nice!

> Unrelated to this but it may also be of interest that I have done
> successful testing on Oracle Enterprise Linux 5.3 although a few extra soft
> links to the RHEL/Fedora scripts are needed to make it work.
> If it is of interest I can provide an RPM package which contain these
> modifications.

A patch against our trunk would be most useful. Alternatively the output of
lsb_release -a might be sufficient because we map all RHEL clones to the
same Fedora (even for RHEL) and we only need to add OEL to this mapping
code. If you look at
http://rear.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/rear/trunk/usr/share/rear/lib/config-functions.sh?revision=743&content-type=text%2Fplain
you
will see that we need to add OEL to the list of matches there.