[Rear-users] openSuSE 12.1 / btrfs root on LVM

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Sun Nov 27 15:16:45 CET 2011

Hi,

The problem with the restore is that lots of files seems to become
data files (instead of ASCII files).

See script
https://rear.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/rear/trunk/usr/share/rear/finalize/SUSE_LINUX/i386/19_verify_grub_conf.sh

Initially we marked it experimental in the release notes, but we reduced
the fuzz around btrfs a bit afterwards.

Still, it is very ackward
behaviour of btrfs - all ideas are most welcome to get the restore fixed
(perhaps we need a special flag with the tar?)

best regards,

Gratien