[Rear-users] openSuSE 12.1 / btrfs root on LVM

Hubertus A. Haniel hubba at unixcook.com
Sat Nov 26 19:16:18 CET 2011

Hi,

Anybody got ReaR working on an openSuSE 12.1 system with btrfs root on
top of LVM? - The latest version (1.12.0) seems to do the backup OK but
fails to do the restore fully. - It looks like the restore is successful
but when rebooting the system grub has not been written to the boot
sector and when I recovered that the system still would not boot and
lost all personality like hostname etc. - It seems to be a little better
but not perfect when modifying grub/menu.lst and /etc/fstab to use
/dev/sda rather then the /dev/disk-by-uid stuff.

The release notes say that btrfs is supposed to be working now but I am
having very little success so far and a few pointers on what to
experiment with to possibly make this work would be useful.

Best regards
Hubba