[Rear-users] [ rear-Bugs-3441168 ] BUG BUG BUG! Could not determine size of disk

Jeroen Hoekx jeroen.hoekx at hamok.be
Wed Nov 23 21:48:37 CET 2011

On 23 November 2011 20:46, Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:

> Ok :) A heads-up would have been nice. Not sure if Jeroen wanted his
> latest patches included in 1.12.0, or whether he was waiting for the
> branch in order to commit ;-) Let's assume the latter.

Waiting for the branch... The work's not finished yet, but this should
at least fix this particular issue.

I would also like to solve the issue in this bug report for the old
code, as my last commits have a larger potential bug surface. I'm now
waiting for a reply from the reporter as I do not have any multipath
enabled systems that I can check these days. None of my previous
multipath systems which I used to develop and test had partitions on
the multipath devices, so this went unnoticed. I really should create
a VM that uses iSCSI devices from another one...

It's not a regression from 1.11 to 1.12, though, but from 1.10, so
it's not like I broke something very recently :-)

If anyone can check the sysfs layout of multipath devices with
partitions, that would be appreciated:
# ls /sys/block/sdX
# ls /sys/block/sdX/sdX1 (if it exists)

Greetings,