[Rear-users] [ rear-Bugs-3441168 ] BUG BUG BUG! Could not determine size of disk

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Nov 23 20:46:22 CET 2011

On Wed, 23 Nov 2011, Gratien D'haese wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:32:05 +0100 (CET), Dag Wieers
> wrote:
>
>> Was
> the 1.12.0 release made ? I saw the branch, but didn't expect this to
>> be
> the release announcement.
>
> I just pushed 1.12.0 into Fedora packaging
> system, but that will at least take
> 10 days before it becomes available for
> the public which gives me plenty of
> time to announce a new release.
> Unfortunately, on SF I had to make an
> entry for 1.12.0 (otherwise Fedora
> builds would break). Hence, the confusion
> I guess.

Ok :) A heads-up would have been nice. Not sure if Jeroen wanted his
latest patches included in 1.12.0, or whether he was waiting for the
branch in order to commit ;-) Let's assume the latter.

I would have prefered if we finished the documentation merges, because
currently it's in a terrible state. I'd prefer to hold off doing big
announcements when the website and documentation are ready.

That's why I prefer milestone based releases, really. Although I
understand that Fedora needs a working Rear. Maybe adding patches to
Fedora would suffice until the next milestone is ready ?