[Rear-users] ReaR 1.11?

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Tue May 17 10:22:51 CEST 2011

Hi,

well, sadly we did not manage to make a release for LinuxTag. I see a
few open issues but we could decide to put them into a "known defects"
info and release anyway:

* Ubuntu (and other upstart based distros) fail to reboot from rescue system
* Debian 5 seems to reactivate LVM in udev rules, this brakes recovery
if disks have lvm volumes on them without an extra reboot

The only thing that is really still on my "must test" list is the XEN PV
support I need for my work. My schedule puts releasing another OS
project first (http://code.google.com/p/yadt) because I give a talk
about it on Thursday. After that ReaR will be again top prio.

I tested the following:

SLES10,11
openSUSE11.4
RHEL4,5,6 (partially only as CentOS or Scientific)
Debian4
Ubuntu 10.04

About SLES9 and Debian3 I am not sure if they work.