[Rear-users] SF.net SVN: rear:[558] trunk/usr/share/rear/conf/GNU/Linux.conf

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Sun Jun 19 13:18:25 CEST 2011

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011, Schlomo Schapiro wrote:

> Do we have dig included? The ReaR rescue media is supposed to help people when
> they are stuck so that we should include a basic toolkit. DNS debugging is
> definitively part of that.

Well, you have host included already. If you really want a basic toolkit,
I would include ifconfig and route as well, but I figured you only wanted
the best-of-breed utilities (in that case 'ip').

nslookup includes a lot of bind-related libraries that only it uses
(liblwres.so.60, libdns.so.69, libbind9.so.60, libisccfg.so.62,
libisccc.so.60, libisc.so.62, libcap.so.2, libxml2.so.2, libidn.so.11)
using a total size of 4MB. (Even busybox has nslookup and so much more
packed in 1MB)