[Rear-users] SF.net SVN: rear:[528] trunk

schlomo schlomo at schapiro.org
Fri Jun 3 18:15:25 CEST 2011

Hi,

On Thu, 2 Jun 2011 18:05:33 +0200 (CEST), Dag Wieers wrote:
> On Thu, 2 Jun 2011, Schlomo Schapiro wrote:
>
>> nice feature. Does the RUN+= keep udev busy or waiting while rear
>> runs?
>
> It keeps it busy, so that an automount (eg in Gnome) is
> delayed/omited.

Is that what we want? Maybe add a & to put it in background?

> This was a coincidence, but useful on my laptop :)

I guess most people don't run a GUI on their servers.

I was more worried that a long-running udev event might block the udev
subsystem from processing other events. I would be very careful to
interfere so deeply in the running system (our hands-off approach...).