[Rear-users] TODO items

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Wed Jun 1 10:49:34 CEST 2011

Hi,

cool stuff!

Am 01.06.2011 01:50, schrieb Dag Wieers:
> Hi,
>
> Just to keep you in sync, we have not that much time left to finish the
> project. Currently we have the following items on our TODO list:
>
>   - Webmin module for ReaR using USB storage

I can imagine that this will be very soon the most used feature of ReaR :-)

>   - Updated man-page / documentation
>   - Improved retention policy for USB rescue/backup

What about preventing /boot disk full?

>   - checklayout/help workflows lock rear and overwrite logs
>   - Separate exclude lists for backup/recreate

What is the motive for that?

>   - Udev 'auto-rescue' on insert and system beep when finished

Do you mean to automatically do rear mkbackup when you connect the rear
backup disk? I also need this feature, together with an email to signal
that the backup is done.

>   - Automatic cfg2html enablement
>   - Unify syslinux config code
>   - Get rid of progress infrastructure (as asked by Schlomo)
>
> The list is ordered by importance and is expected to grow a bit while we
> do more testing. Feel free to coin other ideas.
>
> At this point in time everything has been merged upstream.

Thanks a lot,