[Rear-users] SF.net SVN: rear:[692] trunk/usr/share/rear/lib/bootloader-functions.sh

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Jul 20 00:44:10 CEST 2011

On Mon, 18 Jul 2011, gdha at users.sourceforge.net wrote:

> The REAR line always showed the NETFS_URL even when RSYNC_URL was in use.
> Made a case statement to catch the correct URL according backup topology

Personally, I would prefer a more generic variable, eg. BACKUP_URL which
could be used for BACKUP=NETFS and BACKUP=RSYNC.

And for the OUTPUT, eg. OUTPUT_URL (rather than ISO_URL)

But that's something we discussed a few times, but never made a final
decision about. Naturally, if we would do something like this, there needs
to be some backward compatibility for the existing NETFS_URL (provided
that we never released something that used RSYNC_URL).

Maybe we could discuss and decide about where we would like to go for the
long term, so that we know exactly what fits into the next release and
what does not ?