[Rear-users] stopping rear ends with empty usb disk

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Wed Jul 13 10:59:04 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 13.07.2011 10:26, schrieb Joerg Schum:
> On 13.07.2011 09:09, Jeroen Hoekx wrote:
>

>> umount fails twice; ReaR does an rm -rf on the build area...
>>
>> Why does the umount fail?
>
> Hi,
> ok, at UBUNTU e.g. the USB Disk was mounted automatically to
> /media/<somewhat>  if you put it in.

Could you test if a blocked mount int /media will really block a umount
somewhere else? I always thought that when mounting the same FS on
several mount points that then they behave independant with regard to
blocked mounts.

> I think it can be to every time, that somebody was loocking into the
> disk / nfs share or whatever, to see, what ReaR was doing....
> or to do a "tail -f" at the backup.txt???  to see the excludelists are ok.
>
> I think, under such conditions, never a rm -rf should run. This is an
> absolute nogo.

I guess we should check for active mounts before removing, just as a
safety precaution.

> Is this only an behavior of the ctrl-C Abort or can it be possible under
> normal End of Rear conditions , if the media was busy?

The ExitTasks are the same for both cases as they are registered via
trap "..." 0

When rear umounts the netfs mountpoint it also removes this from the
ExitTasks.