[Rear-users] rear mkbackup on gnetoo fails

Gratien D'haese gratien.dhaese at it3.be
Tue Jul 12 08:31:21 CEST 2011

On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 17:09:21 -0500, upen wrote:
> Thanks Schlomo. I ran
debug while booting and found that one of the
> start up scripts complained
about dhclient command not found. There
> were two startup scripts which
showed me not found errors. I see I
> have dhclient configured in
local.conf but my gentoo system is infact
> running dhcpcd -> ps shows
"dhcpcd -m 4 eth0"

Thanks for the debugging tests. Will dig into the code
to see where we
missed this variant of dhclient (if possible we'll add
it)

> Stragenly my system does have dhclient installed but the iso
didn't
> catch that probably? or it may not have made any difference
because my
> system is using dhcpcd.
>
> Any how I am going to try
removing dhcpcd package from my system and
> restart my Gentoo(so that it
uses dhclient) and rerun mkbackup using
> rear to see where it goes. Will
write here if something useful is
> found.

No need to remove it at this
point as we would like to fix this first.

br,
Gratien