[Rear-users] rear mkbackup on gnetoo fails

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 00:09:21 CEST 2011

Thanks Schlomo. I ran debug while booting and found that one of the
start up scripts complained about dhclient command not found. There
were two startup scripts which showed me not found errors. I see I
have dhclient configured in local.conf but my gentoo system is infact
running dhcpcd -> ps shows "dhcpcd -m 4 eth0"

Stragenly my system does have dhclient installed but the iso didn't
catch that probably? or it may not have made any difference because my
system is using dhcpcd.

 Any how I am going to try removing dhcpcd package from my system and
restart my Gentoo(so that it uses dhclient) and rerun mkbackup using
rear to see where it goes. Will write here if something useful is
found.