[Rear-users] rear mkbackup on gnetoo fails

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Sun Jul 10 18:08:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

this sound like ReaR is broken on Gentoo (or at least on your personal way of
using Gentoo).

Maybe you care to dig into the scripts and try to figure out what is wrong? You
can boot with the debug option set (add debug to the kernel command line) to
spawn an early debug shell and see debug output of all the boot scripts. A high
video resolution is advisable (e.g. vga=0791 or even higher).

As usual, patches are welcome.