[Rear-users] rear mkbackup on gnetoo fails

upen upendra.gandhi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 19:42:22 CEST 2011

After successful backup creating on gentoo using rear mkbackup, now
when I try to boot using the iso created by rear, it throws a lot of
error messages and drops system into a shell which I thought was a
good thing as that way I can resolve minor issues myself.

First thing I tried in the shell, rear -v recover, it throws below message,
ERROR mounting IP:/nfs [nfs] failed
Aborting due to an error
Terminated.

Then I check if any IP is assigned, and found that no IP assigned to
eth0.(ip addr show)

Is there anything I can provide or do to start recovery at least?