[Rear-users] SF.net SVN: rear:[671] trunk/usr/share/rear/layout/save/GNU/Linux/ 80_copy_fstab_file.sh

Schlomo Schapiro schlomo at schapiro.org
Fri Jul 8 16:01:36 CEST 2011

Hi,

Am 08.07.2011 15:48, schrieb Jeroen Hoekx:
>> BTW, could we map old id to new id with the layout code? That would
>> actually fix the problem.
>
> Not at the moment. If we add the scsi id in the layout file, we might
> be able to do that in the future. Are there people experiencing this
> problem now, or what was the trigger to add the by-id warning?
> (given that this is mostly used on multipath and the default for
> multipath is "ignore")

I added this check and warning because I had a test VM with SLES that
was using /dev/disk/by-id for /boot and LVM for / etc.

It was the choice of YaST to do so, I don't know why. But I thought it
worth my time to at least add the warning so that users get a chance to
fix their setup before rebooting into their doom.