[Rear-users] SF.net SVN: rear:[670] trunk/usr/share/rear/layout/prepare/default/ 40_autoresize_disks.sh

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Fri Jul 8 14:06:13 CEST 2011

On Fri, 8 Jul 2011, Schlomo Schapiro wrote:

> Wow!

Thanks Jeroen, this was the last issue we ran into when doing restore
tests on systems with less diskspace than the original.

I do think we need to add the 'df -h' output somewhere in /var/lib/rear of
the rescue image for cases where one needs to manually reduce partitions
or LVM containers. Without any feedback about how much diskspace is used
by the backup, one cannot intelligibly make good decisions without
restarting Rear a few times by trial-and-error.

Maybe the menu should provide an option to 'View the original diskspace
usage (df -h output)' as well ?

Despite having done the roll-out, I think these two items justify
retesting and redistributing a newer version.