[Rear-users] How to change the IP During the Rear recover mode?

Siddique, Alhelal (Al) Alhelal.Siddique at ingrambook.com
Thu Dec 8 22:59:40 CET 2011

Hello,

I was trying to recover one Physical system to an isolated DR environment as VM. I took the backup with "rear mkbackup" command, adding following parameter on /etc/rear/local.conf file

OUTPUT=ISO

BACKUP=NETFS
NETFS_URL=nfs://10.0.1.82/data_pool/DR_Backup/rear

MODULES_LOAD=( vmxnet )

I have moved all backup to the recovery network and keeping nfs environment ( IP, mount point) same. But the problem is on my production environment physical system IP was 172.18.70.80. I don't have 172.18.70.0 network on DR environment and want to change the recovery system IP to 10.0.1.XXX.

When I tried to start the recovery process with "rear recover" command,  system came with old IP (172.18.70.80) and can't talk to the NFS server. Is there any way that we can change the IP at recovery time or any suggestion, document would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Alhelal Siddique